Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Monday, April 15, 2013

Solitary Bee in my backyard

At first I thought that this is a Mason Bee but Im not sure we even have those in Sweden. I researched a bit more and found out that this is a Macropis europaea solitary bee.
 Unlike Honey Bees, this solitary bee is not spending energy in flying from one to another flower. Instead it slowly walks onto the next flower preserving energy. 
what a magnificent creature :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes "murarbin" is common in Sweden. I have a few of them living in the doorframe on the southwall of my house.

    ReplyDelete