Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Winter feeding sugar syrup 5:3

Since some of my colonies didnt make enough honey for the winter I started feeding them with 5:3 sugar syrup mixed with Camomile-Nettle-Yarrow tea and Apple Cider Vinegar (organic). I mix these to soften the syrup because our tap water is very hard GH 24 and pH7,2. The tea adds extra trace elements and other goodies.
Sugar 5:3 boiled water, Apple Cider Vinegar and Camomile-Nettle-Yarrow tea
I feed the bees behind the follower board in inverted glass jars. This jar was emptied after only one day :) Time to refill ;) 4 out of 10 colonies din't want to take the sugar syrup which is a clear sign that they have enough honey. I knew that already but wanted to double check just in case. The other 6 colonies emptied the jars in just one day. I will feed until they stop taking in.
It is not easy being a Wasps inside a Honeybee hive :) At this time Wasps and other bees are trying to rob honey from bee colonies but my ladies seem to be very good at holding their ground ;) I did reduce the entrances to help them defend it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment