Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Monday, March 31, 2014

Bee season has officially begun

So far I could see bees only occasionally on Snowdrops and Squill but now they are in full speed ...
Mirabelle Plums are in full bloom and the trees are buzzing loudly :)
A Honeybee working Mirabelle flower. If you look closer you will see the mustard colored pollen.
The bees are also working Willow trees and this time. I can see the bees working both male and female Willow trees. Will try to make a photo of it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so jealous! :-) Here in New England, the calendar says "spring," but I still haven't seen a single flower anywhere. In fact, this morning, it snowed! :-( I hope you keep these photos coming so that I can live vicariously! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you! We had a very long winter last year, it lasted long into April :( This winter was entirelly different; Eranthis started blooming in January which is too bad since bees started flying just after it finished blooming.

      Delete