Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Monday, January 13, 2014

My happiness was short lived :(


In my previous post I mentioned with lots of gladness that my province decided not to use pesticides. This is true only for the land owned by the state in this province but not the private owned land :( One of my neighbors is a large scale farmer and he told me yesterday that he uses Bayer pesticides every year on all his fields (including the field we own from now on). This is sad news ... well it is also good news that most people in this province voted against the use of pesticides on fields owned by the state. Its a big step forward I guess.

I asked this neighbor farmer to help me sow mixed grass (mostly white clover) for my sheep and bees after he has harvested his Wheat and he was happy to help. One thing is sure though; I will not be able to call my farm "organic" for at least 3 more years. Most pesticides remain active in the soil for up to 1200 days :( still able to enter the plant (contaminating nectar and pollen).

"Chin up! Stay the course! One step at a time, one step at a time, one step .........." (talking to myself)
Maybe it is not about saving this world but trying to make it better.
"It always seems impossible until it is done" Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment