Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Major Atlantic Storm Hits Parts of Europe

Some parts of Europe have been hit by a very strong Orcano storm. UK, France and Holland as well as Denmark have been stormed heavily. The part of Sweden I live in less so but even though it was not as bad the wind was so strong that I had no desire to go out and walk my dog.

I knew about this storm so I made sure to fasten all bee hive roofs. The wind was blowing from South-West which is hitting directly at my hives. The biggest threat to both my hives and our house roof was the hollow tree only a few meters away which, if the wind was strong enough, could fall down and cause much damage.
This did not happen.
The hives are still in place undamaged by the last nights
strong Atlantic Storm.

2 comments:

  1. I was just reading in the news about the storm and all the damage it has caused, including many power outages, etc. in Sweden. Glad to read that you and your apiary have been unharmed. Hope that your country is able to repair the damages quickly.

    ReplyDelete